Bosch Building Automation GmbH (hereinafter "We“ or "Us") is delighted about your visit to our internet pages and mobile applications (together also referred to as "Online Offers") and about your interest in our company and our products.
1. We respect your privacy
The protection of your privacy throughout the course of processing personal data as well as the security of all business data is an important concern to us. We process personal data that was gathered during your visit of our Online Offers confidentially and only in accordance with statutory regulations.
Data protection and information security are included in our corporate policy.
Bosch Building Automation GmbH is the controller responsible for the processing of your data; exceptions are outlined in this data protection notice.
Our contact details are as follows:
Bosch Building Automation GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0) 52 46 962-0
3. Collection, processing and usage of personal data
3.1. Processed categories of data
The following categories of data are processed:
- Communication data (e.g. name, telephone, e-mail, address, IP address)
- Contractual master data (e.g. contractual relationships, contractual or product interest)
- Client history
- Contract accounting and payment data
Personal data consists of all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, e.g. names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contractual master data, contract accounting and payment data, which is an expression of a person's identity.
We collect, process and use personal data (including IP addresses) only when there is either a statutory legal basis to do so, or you have given your consent to the processing or use of personal data concerning this matter, e.g. by means of registration.
3.3. Processing purposes and legal bases
We; as well as the service providers commissioned by us; process your personal data for the following processing purposes:
- Provision of these Online Offers including contact form to contact us for the products and services offered by us for the purpose of the fulfillment of a contract.
(Legal basis: Justified interest on our part in direct marketing as long as this occurs in accordance with data protection and competition law; as well as the fulfillment of contractual obligations).
- Provision of these Online Offers and fulfillment of contractual obligation’s under our contractual terms including invoicing and prior credit assessment. Invoicing may include the sale of claims.
(Legal bases: Fulfillment of contractual obligation respectively our justified interest in an efficient claims management and in avoiding claim defaults as regards the sale of claims and the credit assessment.
- Resolving service disruptions as well as for security reasons.
(Legal bases: Fulfillment of our legal obligations within the scope of data security and justified interest in resolving disruptions/disturbances and in the security of our offers).
- Self-promotion and promotion by others, as well as market research and reach analysis within the scope statutorily permitted or based on consent.
(Legal bases: Consent / justified interest on our part in direct marketing as long as this occurs in accordance with data protection and competition law).
- Sending an email or SMS/MMS newsletter with the recipient’s consent.
(Legal basis: Consent).
- Safeguarding and defending our rights.
(Legal basis: Justified interest on our part for safeguarding and defending our rights).
- Geolocation: In this process, IP addresses are shortened to the last octet before being used in any analysis of user behavior. Your IP address is also only used in its shortened form when establishing an approximate geolocation. Here, the country of origin is determined and this data is then stored. (Provided legal basis: legitimate interests, as long as they are in accordance with the standards determined by data protection laws and competition regulations)
If you wish to use services that require the conclusion of a contract, we ask you to register. As part of the registration process, we collect the personal data required to establish and fulfill the contract (e.g., first name, last name, e-mail address, company, product interest, and, if applicable, information on the desired payment method or account holder) and, if applicable, other data on a voluntary basis. We mark mandatory data with an *.
The use of a central SingleKey ID and the associated options requires the conclusion of a contract. We therefore ask you to register. As part of the registration process, we collect the personal data (e.g. last name, first name, date of birth, company name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, postal address, password) required to establish and fulfill the contract and record your agreement to our contractual terms and conditions or your acknowledgement of this data protection notice with date and time. In addition, we may collect further data on a voluntary basis. We mark mandatory data with an *. We also refer to the data collected during registration and which can be changed by you in the user profile of this website as master data. You can find further details here. Unsubscribe
You can terminate your user contract via the central SingleKey ID at any time by unsubscribing. To do so, please click on the following link: myaccount.bosch.com/BeaPUssWeb/unregistration. Alternatively, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us section. Please note that deregistration will only result in the deletion of data for which there are no legal retention periods.
3.5. Log files
Each time you use the internet, your browser is transmitting certain information which we store in so-called log files.
We save log files for a short period of time to determine service disruptions and for security reasons (e.g., to investigate attack at-tempts) and delete them after-wards. Log files which need to be maintained for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident is resolved and may, on a case-by-case basis, be passed on to investigating authorities.
Log files are also used for analysis purposes (without the IP address or without the complete IP ad-dress). Also see module web analysis.
In log files, in particular the following information is saved:
- IP address (internet proto-col address) of the terminal device which is being used to access the Online Offer;
- Internet address of the website from which the Online Offer is accessed (so-called URL of origin or referrer URL);
- Name of the service provider which was used to access the Online Offer;
- Name of the files or information accessed;
- Date and time as well as duration of recalling the data;
- Amount of data transferred;
- Operating system and in-formation on the internet browser used, including add-ons installed (e.g., Flash Player);
- http status code (e.g., “Request successful” or “File requested not found”).
This Online Offer is not meant for children under 16 years of age.
3.7. Data transfer
3.7.1. Data transfer to other controllers
Principally, your personal data is forwarded to other controllers only if required for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or if we our-selves, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in the data transfer, or if you have given your consent. Particulars on the legal bases can be found in the Section - Purposes of Processing and Legal Bases. Third parties may also be other companies of Bosch Building Automation GmbH or the Bosch group. When data is transferred to third parties based on a justified interest, this is explained in this data protection notice.
Additionally, data may be transferred to other controllers when we are obliged to do so due to statutory regulations or enforceable administrative or judicial orders.
3.7.2. Service providers (general)
We involve external service providers with tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment handling, programming, data hosting and hotline services. We have chosen those service providers carefully and monitor them on a regular basis, especially regarding their diligent handling of and protection of the data that they store. All service providers are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply to the statutory provisions. Service providers may also be other Bosch group companies.
3.7.3. Claims management
We reserve the right to have claims collected by external service providers.
Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in selling claims to third parties and in transferring data necessary for the collection of the claim to the respective buyer of the claim. During claim collection, claim buyers act in their own names and are themselves responsible for processing the data. In this respect, the data protection notices of the respective claim buyer apply.
3.8. Transfer to recipients outside the EEA
We might transfer personal data to recipients located outside the EEA into so-called third countries.
In such cases, prior to the transfer we ensure that either the data recipient provides an appropriate level of data protection (e.g. due to a decision of adequacy by the European Commission for the respective country or due to the agreement based on so-called EU model clauses with the recipient) or that you have consented to the transfer.
You are entitled to receive an overview of third country recipients and a copy of the specifically agreed-to provisions securing an appropriate level of data protection. For this purpose, please use the statements made in the Contact section.
3.9. Duration of storage; retention periods
Principally, we store your data for as long as it is necessary to render our Online Offers and the services connected to them, or for as long as we have a justified interest in storing the data (e.g., we might still have a justified interest in postal mail marketing upon fulfillment of a contract). In all other cases, we delete your personal data with the exception of data we must store to fulfill legal obligations (e.g., we are obliged due to retention periods under the tax and commercial codes to have documents such as contracts and invoices available for a certain period of time).
4. Credit assessments
We have a justified interest in per-forming the credit assessments set forth in this section for the purpose to protect ourselves from bad debts or investments. We might commission companies performing mathematical and statistical analysis to assess the risk of payment default and deliver, within the scope of what is allowed under law, information on the probability of payment defaults. For the assessment, address data may be used, but not exclusively.
In case the result of a credit assessment does not satisfy our requirements, we reserve the right to ask for an assured payment method (e.g. credit card) or to re-fuse to enter into a contract.
A credit assessment is based on automated decision-making. If you disagree with the result, you may submit your point of view in writing to be reviewed by a case handler. In addition, you are entitled to find out about the essential reasons supporting the decision of the respective service provider. We have commissioned the following service providers with credit checks:
Verband der Vereine Creditreform e.V.
Tel: +49 2131 109-0
5. Reports made to credit agencies
We report due claims to credit agencies when, despite maturity, no payment has occurred, when the transfer is necessary to preserve our justified interests or justified interests of third parties and when the additional statutory requirements are present. These are
- the enforceability of the claim or the presence of an explicit promissory letter; or
- the issuance of at least two written overdue notices upon maturity of the claim, whereas the first overdue notice must have occurred at least four weeks prior and the debtor has been informed of the possibility of submitting the claim to a credit agency (in this first notice or at least before actual submittal to the credit agency) and the claim has not been disputed; or
- the possibility of the termination of the contractual relationship without previous notice due to arrears and the debtor has been informed about the possibility of submitting the claim to a credit agency.
In addition, we may report behavior contravening the contract (e.g., fraudulent behavior, misuse) to credit agencies as far as this is necessary to preserve our justified interests or the justified interests of third parties and there is no reason to assume that the affected person's interests worthy of protection outweigh or prevail over these justified interests.
Our reports are sent to the following credit agency(ies):
Verband der Vereine Creditreform e.V.
Tel: +49 2131 109-0